- For best results, temporarily turn off any security or anti-virus software you may be running (otherwise, it may take a very long time for your program to scan the very large installer file)
- Install the software by inserting the ComicBase Disk and double-clicking the Setup file–or by launching the installer file if you’ve downloaded the software from the web site.
Installing Cover Images
ComicBase Archive Edition includes over 640,000 cover images on 4 DVDs/Download archives (or on a singe Blu-ray Disc if you’re using the Blu-ray Archive Edition). To install these, you’ll need your ComicBase Disk(s), or the Pictures.zip files downloaded from your Registrations page if you ordered a downloadable copy of the software.
- Launch ComicBase, then install use the File > Install Pictures and Movies command to install these pictures.
- When prompted, select the first Pictures.zip file–either from your ComicBase #1 Disk (located in the ComicBase Data > Pictures folder)–or from the location on your disk you downloaded the file to (typically your Downloads folder), if you downloaded the Pictures.zip file from the ComicBase web site. It may take several minutes to decompress and install the pictures files, after which, they will appear in ComicBase when you browse titles.
- Repeat the process for the other three disks if you’re running the regular Archive Edition (the Blu-Ray edition includes everything on a single disk)